Ephrata Gets Down to Business

Staff Sources

Ephrata High School’s Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) chapter was successful in the recent Winter Leadership Conference held at Eastmont High School in East Wenatchee, Washington on January 28, 2023. The chapter had a strong showing with 23 students qualifying for the state business leadership conference (SBLC). The SBLC, which will take place in Spokane, Washington on April 19-23, 2023, promises to be an exciting opportunity for the students to showcase their skills and talents.

The Ephrata High School FBLA chapter has been working hard to prepare for this event, and the students are eager to put their skills to the test. The chapter’s adviser and faculty are proud of the students’ hard work and dedication to the organization. They are confident that the students will represent the school well at the conference.

“We couldn’t be more thrilled with this year’s showing at Eastmont.   We had a total of 30 students compete, so to see 23 of them qualify is absolutely outstanding,” said Ryan Shannon, Ephrata’s FBLA adviser. “They really put their heart into the preparation process.”

The state business leadership conference provides a great opportunity for students to network with business professionals, participate in leadership workshops and competitions, and gain valuable experience in the business world. It is also a chance for students to develop their leadership skills and gain a deeper understanding of the role of business in society.

“We are definitely going to enjoy the moment, but we have more work to do to prepare for state, ” said Shannon. “This is an opportunity for these students to really connect with students from around the state and to really immerse themselves in the experience.”

The success of the Ephrata High School FBLA chapter at the winter leadership conference is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the students, faculty, and advisors. The school community is excited to see what the future holds for these talented young business leaders.

FBLA chapter members qualifying for state:

Ashleigh Alcala – Marketing (6th), Accounting I (5th), Graphic Design (6th)
Francisco Anaya – Broadcast Journalism (2nd)
Maisie Becker – Public Service Announcement (3rd)
Baylie Broesch – Website Design (4th)
Carter Burns – Broadcast Journalism (2nd)
Domonic Calderon – Business Ethics (1st)
Shea Fisher – Organizational Leadership (5th)
Allyiah Guizar – Digital Video Production (2nd)
Zander Leasher – Client Service (2nd), Job Interview (4th)
Maria Magana – Public Service Announcement (5th)
Jessica Mathis – Introduction to Financial Math (6th)
Caylee Mattson – Introduction to FBLA (5th), Business Ethics (6th)
Alexia McCord – Help Desk (6th)
Addison Mills – Public Service Announcement (3rd)
Mason Moore – Public Service Announcement (3rd)
Samantha Moore – Hospitality Management (5th), Publication Design (1st)
Dorismar Ochoa Sanchez – Business Calculations (3rd), Securities & Investments (3rd), Supply Chain Management (1st)
Kenji Pickeral – Sports & Entertainment Management (2nd), Journalism (4th)
Tyler Raine – Hospitality Management (6th)
Zach Reyes – Entrepreneurship (6th)
Micah Sandberg – Graphic Design (5th)
Noah Sandberg – Graphic Design (5th)
Jackie Turner – Broadcast Journalism (2nd), Publication Design (1st)