Ephrata High School’s Student Media

TigerVision

TigerVision

TigerVision

Tigers Forced in to Loser Out Game

The Tigers came in to the Yakima SunDome, home of the WIAA State volleyball championshios, as the underdog to the talented squad from Ridgefield. However, the Tigers were unwilling to read the headlines as they took it to the talented Spudders early in set number one. A back and forth set eventually went the Tigers way, as Ephrata would win set one, 25-21.

Ridgefield would then settle in to their style, winning the next three sets to take the match 3-1. Led by the senior senior trio of Lizzy Andrew, Hailey McEllrath and Hannah McAdams, the Spudders slowly pulled away from the much shorter Tigers. Andrew, a 6’5″ middle blocker committed to play for Stanford, was a dominating force throughout the match. The Tigers simply didn’t have an answer for her powerful right-handed swing.

The Tigers attemptedn to challenge the Spudders throughout the match refusing to back down from the challenge. The Tigers were led by senior Addison Mills’ team high 18 kills. Unfortunately for Ephrata, the rest of the offense couldn’t get going as the next closest team member only recorded 5 kills for the day.

The win propels Ridgefield in to an 8pm contest tonight against the Tiger’s league rival Ellensburg Bulldogs. Ephrata will play a loser out contest at 6:15pm against the Washington Patriots. The Patriots lost to Ellensburg earlier today in first round play. You can watch all state volleyball action live on the NFHS Network.