Uproar Ushers in New Era

J. Ryan Shannon

Rashann Olsen, senior reporter, covers the 50th anniversary of Title IX and its importance to the ever-changing equity landscape of athletics.

In December, TigerVision broadcast students launched a new student-produced show that they dubbed Uproar.  Uproar brings together news, variety, sports, and more, packaging it together and distributing it via its digital delivery platforms.  Anchored by Senior Piper Johnson and Junior Josh Green, the show was met with great reviews from students, staff, and community members.

Today, the second episode of Uproar was uploaded to the TigerVision channel.  Included with the kitchen chaos that is Cookies with a Catch and the popular animal-friendly Pets and Their People segments, student reporters provided a look inside the new state “straw law”.  Emily Pugh, Uproar producer and staff reporter introduced us to the guidelines of Engrossed Second Substitute Senate Bill 5022 that outlines the changes to plastic straws and cutlery guidance.  Pugh even gets a few students to weigh in on the changes.

Rashann Olsen, a senior segment producer for TigerVision, launched a new segment dedicated to the Title IX federal legislation that 50 years ago ushered in change that would alter the athletic landscape forever.  Olsen sits down with BJ Kuntz, an Assistant Executive Director for the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association, and discusses the importance of Title IX, as well as the direction for gender equity in Washington state activities.

This episode of Uproar also includes movie reviews, a cross country winter workout and so much more.  Episode 3 is already in pre-production and will tentatively drop on February 28th.  Until then, enjoy Episode 2 or catch our premier episode here.