Gridiron Hires a New Leader

Ephrata, WA – Ephrata High School is pleased to announce that Patrick Mitchell will serve as the new head coach for the varsity football program, beginning with the 2022 season.  A 2003 graduate of Tonasket High School, Mitchell obtained his undergrad degree in business administration from Whitworth University in 2007 and his education certificate from Eastern Washington University in 2010.  An educator for 12 years, Mitchell is currently in his fourth year teaching history at Ephrata High School.

“I’m very excited and grateful for the opportunity to be the head football coach at Ephrata. It has been a goal and a dream of mine to be a head football coach, and I can’t imagine a better community for that goal to come to fruition in, than the Ephrata community,” Mitchell said. Coach Mitchell has served as the defensive coordinator for the Tigers during the past two seasons, his third overall year on the staff.  Prior to coaching for Ephrata, he was an assistant football coach for Jenkins High School (2010-2014), the final two seasons as Offensive Coordinator for the Cougars and 1A powerhouse Royal High School (2014-2018).

“Football has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. I’m excited to bring with me the perspective of coaching in multiple successful programs and incorporating those elements at Ephrata,” Mitchell added. “I am ready for this challenge and cannot wait to mold to future athletes coming through our program at Ephrata High School. Get excited Tiger Nation, I know I am.” Coach Mitchell is also the head coach for the Tigers wrestling program.

During his downtime, he enjoys hiking, camping, fly fishing, hunting, and spending time with my family.  Mitchell is married to his wife Laina.  The couple has two sons, Graham 4 and Bodie 2, and are expecting a little girl who is due in April.

Ephrata High School sponsors 22 sports programs throughout the academic year.  Located in Ephrata, WA, the high school has an enrollment of more than 800 students in grades 9-12.  For more information about Tiger athletics visit our website at www.ephratatigers.com.