Alexander Takes on the Windy City

Tiffany Alexander, a 2022 graduate of Ephrata High School stands outside Six Flags Great America. The trip to Six Flags was sponsored by Washington FBLA as a part of the trip to the National Leadership Conference in Chicago.

One month ago, Tiffany Alexander was joined by her fellow graduates inside Kiwanis Field for the 108th commencement ceremony of Ephrata High School.

Today, she is in Chicago representing her now alma mater at the Future Business Leaders of America’s National Leadership Conference (NLC).  Alexander, in April, was named Washington’s state champion in the insurance and risk management category.  Alexander works part-time for local Farmers Insurance agent, Cheryl Kono.  By winning at the state level, she qualified to participate in the NLC and compete against students from across the country.

The NLC officially kicked off on June 29th at Chicago’s McCormick Place with the opening ceremony.  The NLC brings together thousands of students from throughout the United States every year to compete in a multitude of business-related competitions.

The winners are announced during one of the two awards ceremonies held on July 1st and July 2nd, respectively.  Awards for Alexander’s insurance and risk management category will be handed out this evening. This fall, she will attend the University of Alaska Anchorage majoring in broadcast journalism.