Mills Sisters Named All State

Samantha MacNeil, Copy Editor

While the volleyball season may have come to an end, the honors for the Mills sisters keep on coming. Hayden and Addison Mills, were recently named honorable mention for the 2A all-state team, Hayden as an outside/right-side hitter and Addison as a middle blocker.  The team was announced by the Washington State Volleyball Coaches Association and includes the best players in their respective classification throughout Washington.

Hayden, who is in her senior year, was asked how it felt to receive this honor in this particularly important year for her. “When I was told I received this honor I didn’t realize how much it truly meant until I really thought about it. You don’t realize how many girls play volleyball, and how many girls go to state, and let alone how many girls are considered the best at the state tournament. To be named as an honorable mention to the all-state team in my senior season is a big deal and was a great way to end my high school volleyball career.”

Addison, who still has two seasons left to play here at Ephrata High School, spoke about how it might impact her in those next few seasons. “I think it will give me something to work for to make sure I stay there. Being honorable mention is something I’m proud of, but for the next few years I will make it a goal to be on the 1st or 2nd team!”

The Tigers volleyball team finished the season 18-2 qualifying for the WIAA state tournament following its district championship victory over Ellensburg.